NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of The British Show Jumping Association (the ‘Association’) will be held on 21 December 2020 at 14:00 for the following purposes:
- To receive the Chairman’s Statement and Report of the Board and the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2019.
- To reappoint the Auditors.
- To authorise the Directors to agree the remuneration of the Auditors.
At the close of the formal business of the Annual General Meeting the following items will be dealt with:
4.To receive questions from members submitted in writing to the Company Secretary by 9 December 2020.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
ANDREA DERRY IAIN GRAHAM
COMPANY SECRETARY CHIEF EXECUTIVE
BRITISH SHOW JUMPING ASSOCIATION
Meriden Business Park
23 November 2020
Notice is hereby given that the following document is available on The British Show Jumping Association’s website from the date of this notice (Document):
- THE BRITISH SHOW JUMPING ASSOCIATION’S REPORT AND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2019.
Notes to the Notice of Annual General Meeting
1. Due to the Covid-19 restrictions, Members are not entitled to attend the Annual General Meeting in person, but are invited to watch the Annual General Meeting in accordance with Note 2 below, submit their voting via a proxy form (appointing the chairman) in accordance with the proxy related notes below and submit questions to the meeting in accordance with Notes 3 and 4 below.
2. The Annual General Meeting will be streamed live via Zoom. If you would like to watch the meeting, please RSVP to the Association by emailing email@example.com by 12:00pm on 17 December 2020 so that joining details can be sent to you in advance of the meeting.
3. Any questions on the formal business of the Annual General Meeting (the ‘Meeting’) should be notified in writing to the Company Secretary by no later than 5:30pm on 9 December 2020 so as to enable a full response to be given at the meeting.
4. Any suggestions relevant to item 4 in the above agenda should be notified in writing to the Company Secretary by no later than 5:30pm on 9 December 2020.
Appointment of proxies
5. As a member of the Association, you are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the Meeting and you should have received a proxy form with this notice of meeting. You can only appoint a proxy using the enclosed proxy form and the procedures set out in these notes and the notes to the proxy form.
6. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, for this Meeting you will only be able to appoint the Chairman as your proxy to represent you. Details of how to appoint the Chairman of the Meeting as your proxy are set out in the notes to the proxy form.
7. If you do not give your proxy an indication of how to vote on any resolution, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting at his or her discretion. Your proxy will vote (or abstain from voting) as he or she thinks fit in relation to any other matter which is put before the Meeting.
Appointment of proxy using hard copy proxy form
8. The notes to the proxy form explain how to direct your proxy to vote on each resolution or withhold their vote.
To appoint a proxy you must use the enclosed/attached proxy form or a replacement form obtained from the Association (proxies produced on any other form will be rejected), which must be:
- completed and signed in accordance with Articles 82, 83 and 84;
- sent or delivered (by post, courier or by hand only) to ‘Lorie McQueen, Wright Hassall LLP, Olympus Avenue, Leamington Spa CV34 6BF’ (proxy forms sent by fax or email are not valid and will be disregarded); and
- received, correctly addressed, at the above address no later than 14:00 on 17 December 2020.
Changing proxy instructions and replacement proxy forms
9. If you need a new proxy form for any reason (including changing your proxy instructions), please (i) contact Andrea Derry, Company Secretary, at Meriden Business Park, Copse Drive, Meriden, West Midlands CV5 9RG to request a new proxy form and (ii) submit the new proxy appointment as set out above. Please note that the cut-off time for receipt of proxies (see above) also applies in relation to replacement proxies; any replacement proxy received after the relevant cut-off time will be disregarded.
If you submit more than one valid proxy form, the form received last before the latest time for the receipt of proxies will take precedence.
Termination of proxy appointments
10. In order to revoke a proxy instruction you will need to inform the Association using the following method:
- By sending a signed hard copy notice clearly stating your intention to revoke your proxy appointment to ‘Lorie McQueen, Wright Hassall LLP, Olympus Avenue, Leamington Spa CV34 6BF’. Any power of attorney or any other authority under which the revocation notice is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be included with the revocation notice.
If you attempt to revoke your proxy appointment but the revocation is received after the time specified then, your original proxy will remain valid.
11. Except as provided above, members who have general queries about the Meeting should write to Iain Graham, Chief Executive at Meriden Business Park, Copse Drive, Meriden, West Midlands CV5 9RG (no other methods of communication will be accepted).
You may not use any electronic address provided either:
- in this notice of the Meeting; or
- any related documents (including the proxy form),
2019 Report & Accounts