COVID-19 Member Protocols - September 2020 Update
Thursday 10 September 2020
We know that it is hugely important to everyone involved with British Showjumping that we can continue to safely run the sport.
Following the Government announcement (9th September) regarding changes to the numbers who are allowed to meet in England we have received confirmation from Sport England that our current sport protocols are still valid and provided they are adhered to we can continue to operate under these restrictions.
At this point in time there have been no changes to the COVID-19 restrictions relating to sport in Scotland or Wales.
With this in mind it remains of vital importance, to all involved in the sport and the wider community, that we continue to very diligently follow the British Showjumping COVID-19 protocols which can be found here.
- Showjumping is to take place ‘behind closed doors’ without spectators – Senior athletes may be accompanied by one other person and one additional person for every additional horse entered. Junior athletes (18 and under) are now limited to two adults per member, and one additional person allowed for any additional horse/pony entered.
- Please leave the site as soon as possible after competing - 'Arrive, Compete, Leave'.
- Maintain social distancing at all times.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Adhere to venue specific COVID-19 protocols; and remember to pack your PPE (disposable gloves, masks, hand sanitiser).
As with all sports, there is very close scrutiny of any activity taking place with a view to ensuring compliance with the required safety measures. Please ensure that all the work that has gone into getting the sport up and running is not reversed by failure to observe the COVID-19 protocols.
We are extremely grateful for the continued support of our Show Organisers and Officials who are working hard to ensure there are facilities available for the sport to take place. And finally we would also like to thank all of our members and their support teams for what they are doing collectively so as to ensure our sport is as safe and enjoyable as possible during these unprecedented times.