Veteran FEI Events
The following may compete as Veteran Athletes:
1. Athletes may compete in the Veteran’s category from the beginning of the year in which they reach their 45th birthday.
2. Veteran Competitions are open to Athletes who, in the current year, have not taken part in any Competition in which the height of obstacles indicated in the Schedule for the initial round exceeds 1.35 m.
Course Specification for FEI competitions:
Courses for Veteran Athletes consist of eight to 12 obstacles. Obstacles have a minimum height of 1.10 m and a maximum height of 1.30 m in the first round. Spread obstacles have a width in proportion to their height of 1.20 m to 1.35 m. Speed: 350 m per minute.
For the 2020 Veteran Selection Policy please click here.
The Veteran European Championships run every two years.
Next date: 17-20 September 2020-Fontainebleau (FRA)
Chef d'Equipe: Anne Newbery
- Riders are selected for the European Championship based on their current form in AJA and National Showjumping competitions.
2018 Gold Winning British Showjumping Team NAF Veteran European Squad:
- Catherine Fowdrey - Emalia
- Derek Morton - KBS High Quality & Beech Leys
- James Loffet - Zandokan H & Character 1234
- Keith Stockdale - Grauffs Clear Round & Touareg D Ertaw
- Michaela Tomlinson - Cabela
Any questions please contact the Performance team (email@example.com) or Anne Newbery (firstname.lastname@example.org)