British Showjumping Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Working Group
Thursday 23 November 2023
As part of the British Showjumping strategy, we are striving to improve inclusion, equality and diversity among our members and staff.
We are aiming to recruit, engage and retain members and staff irrespective of age, race, disability (visible and non-visible), neurodiversity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, belief or under-served socio-economic position.
British Showjumping is forming a volunteer Working Group from within the existing membership to assist in the development and incorporation of the strategic strands that relate to EDI.
The Working Group will help us to:
- Identify the barriers to participation faced by those under-represented in our organisation
- Identify opportunities to engage new membership from diverse communities
- Encourage input and participation within our organisation from diverse communities
- Support the implementation of a strategy to address under-representation, review key policies and to drive cultural change
- Develop staff, officials, coaches, organisers and volunteer training
Membership of the Working Group is open to any member of British Showjumping. Ideally, members of the Working Group would have lived experience or connection to individuals or communities who are under-represented.
It is envisaged the Working Group will meet 3-4 times a year, the majority of which will be held via Zoom.
Please send a short letter/email with your application detailing the reasons you would be a valuable contributing member of the Working Group and the benefit/experience you bring.
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date 1 December, 2023