Stallions - Rules & Guidelines
BRITISH SHOWJUMPING STALLION RULES (FROM 2021)
Rule 41.4 – Stallions :
Registration of Horses and Ponies
41 Eligibility to Register a Horse or Pony
1. The first year a stallion is registered the fee paid is the relevant British Showjumping horse/pony competition grade fee. At the point of renewal for the second-year registration, Studbook ungraded or un-assessed 4 and 5 year old stallions will pay an annual registration fee of £500. All Studbook ungraded stallions of 6 years and older will be subject to the higher annual registration fee of £1000.
2. No stallion will be accepted without original breed papers.
3. Within the initial year of registration, stallions must be Studbook graded by the recognised World Breeding Federation (W.B.F.S.H) and/or DEFRA, or other Passport Issuing Offices, or be gelded prior to a re registration being accepted at the relevant British Showjumping horse/pony competition grade fee.
4. Where a stallion has paid a studbook un-graded stallion fee, who subsequently gains a Studbook grading or is gelded within that membership year, will be refunded the Studbook ungraded stallion fee minus the British Showjumping horse/pony competition grade fee.
5. When a stallion is graded it must be by a Studbook recognised by the World Breeding Federation (W.B.F.S.H) and/or DEFRA, or other Passport Issuing Offices which has included jumping in their grading procedure.
6. All stallions that have been successfully Studbook graded to a sufficient level (dependent on Breed Society/Performance Stud Books), at home or abroad, must provide bona fide documentation from the relevant stud book.
7. Stallions are NOT permitted to compete in Just for Schools, Club classes, on a ticket or on a temporary membership.
8. No longer applicable.
9. No longer applicable.
10. No longer applicable.