SENIOR PERFORMANCE ASSISTANT – 12 month fixed term
British Showjumping, the National Governing Body for Showjumping in Britain, is currently seeking to appoint a Senior Performance Assistant to work as a member of the Performance Team at their office based in Meriden, West Midlands. The role is a fixed term 12 month contract.
The successful application will work in close collaboration with the Head of Performance and in support of key discipline stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of a high performance team and competition environment. The role also provides administrative and logistical support to British Showjumping members competing internationally.
- Managing the logistics activities associated with the team entries and support for all teams.
- Booking accommodation, flights and shuttles for team personnel at Nations Cup and Championship Shows
- Deputising for the Head of Performance through attendance at national and international competitions where needed, providing on–the-ground organisational and analysis support to the teams.
- Capturing video footage for all identified competitors both nationally and internationally, and share with internal and external stakeholders via an online platform.
- Preparing, tracking and analysing performance data for young horses.
- Providing the Head of Performance and key personnel with specified analysis information of horses and riders.
Relationships & Cultural Development
- Providing administrative support as required to the Head of Performance.
- Acting as key point of contact and support for International Riders, Owners, Chef d’Equipes and Team Managers in relation to administrative and logistical support.
- Administering international registrations, competition entries and passports/rider licenses.
- Administering the international show calendar, submission of dates to the FEI, and the timely submission of schedules.
- Working closely with international Show Organisers within the UK, to support the delivery of top quality competitions.
Knowledge and experience:
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of the structures and operations of British Showjumping at National and the FEI at International level.
- Knowledge of FEI entries, rules and competition structure.
- Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders
- Awareness of Safeguarding and Data Protection legislative requirements and Clean Sport rules.
- Experience of inputting, interpreting and presenting sport performance data.
Skills and abilities:
- Strong organisational and analytical skillsets.
- Ability to work within a team and on your own.
- Actively demonstrates a high initiative.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to keep calm and in control under pressure.
Personal style and behaviour:
- Positive team working & personal impact
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- A good communication style and emotional intelligence.
- Attention to detail.
- A willingness to travel, with occasional overnight stays.
- Flexible, as occasional weekend or evening work may be required.
- Core working hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday inclusive.
- Holiday entitlement: 22 days holiday per annum plus statutory bank holiday.
- Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience.
To apply please send a covering letter with CV to Lisa De Winter, Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive, British Showjumping, Meriden Business Park, Copse Drive, Meriden, West Midlands, CV5 9RG or email: Lisa.Dewinter@BritishShowjumping.co.uk. Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early in light of a large response.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 16th October 2018 at 12 noon.
Interview date: Tuesday, 23rd October 2018