Why become an Official?
Without the support of our Officials, British Showjumping would not be able to run efficient competitions for our competitors or spectators. Our Officials act to ensure that the competitions run as per Schedule and Rules & Regulations. This allows a level playing field for all involved from Grassroots through to International standard. Without these officials, we have no sport.
Officials can gain substantial benefits from officiating with British Showjumping including the following: -
- Chance to try something new, which could lead to a career change
- Routes into employment
- Payment for your time and services
- Becoming involved with the sport in a non competitive manner
- Having the chance to experience top level shows at top class and inspiring locations
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience
- Develop existing skills and knowledge
- Meeting new people
- Making new friends
- Getting to know the local community
- Giving something back to the organisation that has impacted on a person’s life, either directly or indirectly
- Feeling part of a team
- Feeling valued
- Gaining confidence and self-esteem
Training to become an official will help you develop personally & professionally, give something to British Showjumping and also help others enjoy our sport. More officials means more competitions run, all helping in the development & competitiveness of the sport, riders, horses and ponies.