Junior & Young Rider
For the full selection policy for the Junior and Young Rider teams please click here.
Expressions of interest for team selections need to be submitted to British Showjumping by 8th March 2019 by emailing: email@example.com
Chef d'Equipe: Tony Newbery
- Age as at 31st December each year: 14-18
- Minimum height to be competing at: 1.40m
Young Riders Teams:
- Age as of 31st December each year: 16-21
- Minimum height to be competing at: 1.45m
-2-6 May 2019: Chepstow CSI2* (Juniors Medium Tour and Young Riders Big Tour)
- Zuidwolde (NED): 9-14 July 2019
Any riders qualified from 1,2,3 and 5 unable to accept their place on a Grade A or Grade B horse and any combinations from point 4 who have not jumped for 4 faults or less in the first round will be substituted with riders in order from the 2019 September FEI ranking list.
The Voltaire Design Under 25 British Championship, Olympia The London International Horse Show:
- 16-22 December 2019
2019 Qualification criteria:
1. The five team members from the Junior team at the FEI European Championships
2. The five team members from the Young Rider team at the FEI European Championships
3. The Under 25 riders selected as part of the team of five for any Senior Nations Cup teams in 2019*
4. The top four U25 combinations disregarding those already qualified from the below Winter Classic Shows in the 1.40m Open class
(Aintree: 10-13 October and Addington: 30 October- 2 November)**
5. One wildcard to be awarded based on their 2020 prospect, results in Nations Cup and the 2019 September FEI Ranking List
*If there are more than 5 riders then the riders with the best results in the Nations Cup would take priority as decided by the Performance Manager dependent on the conditions of the respective Nations Cup
**Combinations must have jumped for 4 faults or less in the first round.
2019 Qualified Riders