Veteran FEI Events
The following may compete as Veteran Athletes:
1. Athletes may compete in the Veteran’s category from the beginning of the year in which they reach their 45th birthday.
2. Veteran Competitions are open to Athletes who, in the current year, have not taken part in any Competition in which the height of obstacles indicated in the Schedule for the initial round exceeds 1.35 m.
Course Specification for FEI competitions:
Courses for Veteran Athletes consist of eight to 12 obstacles. Obstacles have a minimum height of 1.10 m and a maximum height of 1.30 m in the first round. Spread obstacles have a width in proportion to their height of 1.20 m to 1.35 m. Speed: 350 m per minute.
The Veteran European Championships run every two years, details for the next European Championships are below:
- Dagobertshausen (GER) -27th June-1st July 2018
- Chef d'Equipe: Anne Newbery
- Riders are selected for the European Championship based on their current form in AJA and National Showjumping competitions.
2018 British Showjumping Team NAF Veteran European Squad
Catherine Fowdrey - Emalia
Derek Morton - KBS High Quality & Beech Leys
James Loffet - Zandokan H & Character 1234
Keith Stockdale - Grauffs Clear Round & Touareg D Ertaw
Michaela Tomlinson - Cabela
Any questions please contact the Performance team on the above email or Anne Newbery (email@example.com)
For more information regarding Veteran competitions please click here