Membership Administrator / Receptionist
British Showjumping, the National Governing Body for Showjumping in Britain is currently seeking to appoint an experienced Administrator/Receptionist to work as part of The Membership Team at their office based in Meriden, West Midlands.
British Showjumping formulates the rules and codes of practice under which all affiliated competitions are held. Our purpose is to improve and maintain standards of showjumping, while encouraging members of all standards and at all levels to enjoy fair competition over safe and attractive courses.
- Welcoming visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone, answering or referring enquiries and general reception duties
- To deliver central administration of membership, registrations, change of ownership & renewals and to ensure all functions are working effectively.
- Key point of contact for all members of British Showjumping.
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times.
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via email.
- Scanning and electronic filing of documents
- Provide reports as and when required.
- To administer Club Membership, schedules and results for Club competitions.
- Collate and administer all outgoing post from British Showjumping
- Oversee and process membership cancellations and refunds where applicable.
- Carry out instructions given by the management team.
- Significant reception/administration experience with outstanding planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An approachable can-do attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Strong initiative, time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- The ability to actively participate as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of the sport of Showjumping, its structure and operating procedures is advantageous.
- NVQ in Business Administration or equivalent
- Working hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday inclusive. Some weekend and/or evening work may be required from time to time.
- Holiday Entitlement: 22 days holiday per annum plus statutory bank holiday.
- Salary Circ: £14,000 - £16,000 per annum.
To apply please send a covering letter with CV to Nicky McMurdo, Executive Assistant to the CEO, British Showjumping, Meriden Business Park, Copse Drive, Meriden, West Midlands, CV5 9RG or email: Nicky.McMurdo@BritishShowjumping.co.uk
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday, 1st February 2017