British Showjumping Membership Department
British Showjumping, the National Governing Body for Showjumping in Great Britain is currently seeking to appoint a Full-Time Administrator to work as part of the Membership and Registration Team at their office based in Meriden, West Midlands.
The successful application will be a highly motivated team member who is able to work in a busy environment and able to pay attention to detail. A pleasant and confident telephone manner is essential along with good communication and administration skills. Candidates should have experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and will be given training to use British Showjumping’s own database system.
Working hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday inclusive
Holiday Entitlement: 22 days holiday per annum plus statutory bank holiday.
Salary: £14.5k Circ.
To apply please send a copy of your CV along with a one page accompanying letter outlining your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12 noon – Friday, 25th April 2014
The Membership Department deal with the administration of all rider/owner/supporter memberships and horse registrations for British Showjumping. Much of the time is spent on the telephone liaising with prospective new members and existing members helping with renewals, change of ownerships, queries and payments.
To contribute to the smooth running of the department, process membership and registrations in a timely manner and ensure a first class service to British Showjumping members.
- General Office Duties
- Answering telephone / e-mail & postal enquiries
- Helping with the post on a daily basis
- Input of membership and registrations
- Mail out membership/registrations cards, Members handbooks on a daily basis.
- Contact foreign federations to establish previous winnings for newly registered horses.
- Electronic filing
- Processing payments
- Experience of administrative work, including Microsoft Office and databases
- Good communication skills, including telephone and face to face
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Good numerical skills
- Able to use own initative to solve problems and be able to work effectively in a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.