British Showjumping, the National Governing Body for Showjumping in Britain is currently seeking to appoint an experienced Finance Manager to work as part of the Operational Team based at their office in Meriden, West Midlands.
British Showjumping formulates the rules and codes of practice under which all affiliated competitions are held. Our purpose is to improve and maintain standards of showjumping, while encouraging members of all standards and at all levels to enjoy fair competition over safe and attractive courses.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the post-holder is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Finance function including the preparation of timely financial information, maintaining and developing robust and fit-for-purpose financial systems and processes, and the provision of financial support to colleagues across the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing visible leadership and motivation to Finance staff;
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget, working with leaders across the organisation;
- Overseeing Finance operations, and manage and maintaining Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable through the respective Ledger Managers;
- Nominal ledger management, including leading and coordinating month end and year end close routines;
- Treasury management and cash flow forecasting, including the management of the relationship with the organisation’s banks;
- Issue of timely and complete monthly financial information, centrally and to regional sub-groups, ensuring budget holders have relevant and accurate information to make good financial decisions;
- Assisting in the preparation of summarised financial information, including the consolidated Management Accounts pack provided to the Executive; and
- Preparation of statutory accounting schedules (including liaison with external auditors), tax returns and all other financial regulatory matters.
The successful candidate will demonstrate mature judgment, ability to prioritise competing demands and tasks and maintain a positive influence on other to deliver necessary outcomes. The nature of the role requires excellent attention to detail and technical skill, but supported by a well-developed understanding of what constitutes effective support to the Sport team, Operations and other support functions.
Other key knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Education to degree level or equivalent, with preference given to those with a CCAB qualification;
- Strong technical accounting skill-set, with the ability to work unsupervised across the breadth of Finance Operations within an SME environment;
- Awareness and understanding of the membership sector and the management of related income and expenditure streams;
- Strong IT skills and practical experience of Sage 200; plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain information clearly to both non-finance staff and Executive members.
- Working hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday inclusive. Some weekend and/or evening work may be required from time to time.
- Holiday Entitlement: 22 days holiday per annum plus statutory bank holiday.
- Salary Circ: £35,000 per annum.
To apply please send a covering letter with CV to Nicky McMurdo, Executive Assistant to the CEO, British Showjumping, Meriden Business Park, Copse Drive, Meriden, West Midlands, CV5 9RG or email: Nicky.McMurdo@BritishShowjumping.co.uk
Closing Date for applications: 12 Noon, Friday 24th February 2017
First interviews: Week commencing Monday 27th February 2017