National Sport Committee Position
Wednesday 31 January 2018
British Showjumping are looking to appoint a rider representative onto the National Sport Committee (NSC) which is responsible for the strategic development of the sport. The vacancy being recruited for are:
- Rider actively competing 1.15m or below with two or more horses.
The role of the NSC includes (but are not exclusive to); assisting in the delivery and development of the sport of Showjumping, to consider proposals put forward from the Members Council and reviewing rules as and when required. The committee meets around 7 times per year, attendance is expected at all meetings with some follow up work required between meetings.
Committee Vacancy Person Specification key points:
- Current jumping member aged 18 years and over
- Substantial knowledge and experience of the sport including structure and rules
- Passion for the sport and a positive attitude towards British Showjumping
- Ability to appreciate and represent views and opinions of all stakeholders in the sport
- The ability to discuss, debate and to constructively challenge where necessary and recognise wider implications of discussions
- Commitment to British Showjumping’s aims and ambitions
- Ability to undertake duties in a professional and confidential manner with high moral integrity
- Willingness to undertake duties outside of meetings
- Computer literate and contactable via email
This is voluntary position, travel expenses are reimbursed. Applicants will be invited for interview with final appointment being made by the British Showjumping Board.
National Sport Committee position terms are for three years, maximum of two terms.
Please send CV and covering letter outlining compliance to the above Person Specification to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date: 19th February 2018.