British Showjumping’s £30 Club Membership
Showjumping’s Club membership gives competitors jumping between 70cm – 1.00m the chance to compete for minimal cost. It also provides plenty of perks and benefits whilst being good on your pocket.
Offering fantastic opportunities to any horse, pony and rider combination who have no registered results at National Amateur 90cm, British Novice, Stepping Stones, Pony British Novice or above over the past three years. So even though your horse or pony may have some winnings on his/her record, if you are a new rider it doesn’t stop you joining as a club member.
Competing for league points rather than prize money, you have the opportunity to focus on heading your regional league and qualifying for a North or South Club Championship. This makes Club Membership a brilliant starting point for anyone making the step into affiliated competition.
With the horse/rider combination being the key factor you can see how Club membership offers an exciting opportunity. It is also worth knowing that there is no age limit on riders competing ponies within Club shows.
Club Membership isn’t only attractive to those making the step to unaffiliated competiton but also to producers of young horses and those that compete in other disciplines such as eventing, pentathlon and working hunters.
Competitions are run over 70cm, 80cm, 90cm and 1 metre courses and entries fees are capped at just £10.
You may ask why you should consider joining up as a Club member?
Club membership means so much more than first meets the eye and if you look at this exciting new option you will see that there are enormous benefits for everyone.
- For a start, you don’t have to worry about clocking up prize money and jumping out of affiliated classes before you’re ready to upgrade.
- Your performance record will be posted on the British Showjumping website giving a proven competition record at the click of a mouse.
- Club members accrue league points that qualify for a North or South Club Championships.
- The eight regional leagues run from 1st June to 31st May each year.
- Club members are eligible for all training programmes, Showjumping magazine and receive their own friendly easy-to-read handbook.
- Members also have peace of mind in the knowledge that the £30m public liability insurance is included in their value-for-money Club membership fee.
National membership runs from British Novice upwards for those members whom wish to qualify for National Championships rather than Regional ones.