Sporting Excellence Study Programme
Wednesday 06 December 2017
Haddon Training and British Showjumping have launched the Sporting Excellence Study Programme for young people ages 16-19 years old to study towards a Level 3 Certificate in Understanding and Achieving Sporting Excellence.
Applications closed for this programme on the 30th of November, however, due to an update in the eligibility criteria we would like to re-open applications for this programme.
In our previous eligibility criteria applicants already in education (college or sixth form) were unable to apply for the Sporting Excellence programme. This has now been updated we are now able to take applicants that are currently in other forms of education who are aged 16-18 years old.
The Level 3 Sporting Excellence Study Programme offers riders the chance to continue their education while gaining nationally recognised qualifications in a relevant and inspiring environment, whilst benefiting from a comprehensive training and support programme delivered from Showjumping’s top coaches and experts. This is a camp based programme which will last a minimum of 1 year.
Subjects that will develop your sporting performance include:
- Technical and tactical skills for high performance sport
- Rider Fitness and Physiotherapy
- Athlete Nutrition
- Sports Psychology
- Career and Financial Planning
- Lifestyle Management
- Media and Communications
If you would like to apply for this programme and are in education, we will be holding the applications open until the 4th January 2018. The below criteria applies to the applications for this programme:
- Be aged 16 –18 year old on 1st January 2018
- You don’t have to be employed
- Live in England
The below criteria must have been achieved with the rider applying since January 2017. These results must have been achieved on horses.
- 4 years; 90cm/ 1.00m - 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.00m table A7.
- 5 years; 1.00m / 1.10m 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.10m table A7.
- 6 years; 1.10m / 1.20m 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.20m table A7.
- 7 years; 1.20m / 1.30m 2 double clears – if no double clear at 1.30m must have 4 double clears at 1.20m table A7.
- 8 years and above; 1.30m 4 double clears
Please be aware combinations achieving double clears at the biggest height per age category will be given priority selection. Applications open now and will close on Thursday 4th January. Download an application form here.