Sporting Excellence Study Programme
Monday 27 November 2017
Haddon Training and British Showjumping are happy to launch a Sporting Excellence Study Programme to run in January 2018! This programme will give young people aged 16-19 a Level 3 Certificate in Understanding and Achieving Sporting Excellence.
We had previously announced that due to Apprenticeship reforms we would not be launching another AASE programme until 2018. However, due to additional funding from the Department for Education we are able to run the Sporting Excellence Study Programme as a replacement to the AASE programme in the interim.
This Level 3 programme offers riders the chance to continue their education while gaining nationally recognised qualifications in a relevant and inspiring environment, whilst benefiting from a comprehensive training and support programme delivered from Showjumping’s top coaches and experts. This is a camp based programme which will last a minimum of 1 year.
Subjects that will develop your sporting performance include:
- Technical and tactical skills for high performance sport
- Rider Fitness and Physiotherapy
- Athlete Nutrition
- Sports Psychology
- Career and Financial Planning
- Lifestyle Management
- Media and Communications
2017/ 2018 Eligibility
- Be aged 16 –18 year old on 1st January 2018
- Not be in full time education; school, college, sixth form, university or on another apprenticeship
- You don’t have to be employed
- Live in England
The below criteria must have been achieved with the rider applying since January 2017. These results must have been achieved on horses.
- 4 years; 90cm/ 1.00m - 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.00m table A7.
- 5 years; 1.00m / 1.10m 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.10m table A7.
- 6 years; 1.10m / 1.20m 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.20m table A7.
- 7 years; 1.20m / 1.30m 2 double clears – if no double clear at 1.30m must have 4 double clears at 1.20m table A7.
- 8 years and above; 1.30m 4 double clears
Please be aware combinations achieving double clears at the biggest height per age category will be given priority selection. Application open now and will close on Thursday 30th November. Download an application form here.