Area 12 AGM Minutes
Saturday 19 March 2016
The area 12 AGM took place on Tuesday 8th March.
Thank you to all members who attended - there were a number of items discussed during the AGM which we have highlighted below. The full minutes from the AGM can be found here.
Lynsey highlighted the great facilities in area 12, Alnwick Ford Equestrian & Lane Farm Equestrian, as well as the Northumberland County Show & Burgham Horse Trials. Kirkley Hall are also interested in running BS shows.
Concerns around the lack of junior shows were raised, with Alnwick Ford Equestrian looking to run two in 2016. If well supported, the venue will look to put more on in future.
Agreed funds from Area 12a have been recieved.
People are encouraged to make payments for training via bank transfer directly to the area to avoid the coaches receiving cash on the day.
The committee will also look into grant fundraising to support training in the area.
- 2016 Planned Events from Joanne Marlor, Show Organiser, including discussions around an Area Show.
- Regional Developlment from Michelle Clough highlighted some great initiatives taking place across the Northern region. Discussion around creating an area development plan to support rider and coach training took place.
- Training Update from Barbara Anderson highlighted that there are approximately 25-30 academy attendees, but very few juniors.
- Membership numbers, senior and junior, were discussed.
- Showjuming at Burgham Horse Trials in July was also discussed to boost the show and attendance.
|Recent Northumbria Tyne & Wear News|
|AREA 12 FACEBOOK PAGE
|YOUR AREA 12 COMMITTEE
|2019 SUMMER AREA SHOW - BELSAY 30th JUNE
|BS Area 12 Annual Awards Ball 2018
|ANNUAL BALL AND AWARDS EVENING